Skip to main content

A Good Place To Start



Welcome to the Dublin Youth Blog!

I have never thought of myself as a "blogger" so to speak, but here I am writing my first blog post for all of you. This is exciting for me because this will be able to be a central place where both youth and parents can come for thoughts, reflections, prayers, and updates from me. I hope that you will be able to take something from this and that it will be fruitful for us all.

There are many things that I hope to be able to share with you through this blog. In my ideal world, both youth and parents would read this (maybe even together!) as a spiritual exercise each week. I know that we all have busy lives, and it seems like sometimes there isn't a place or space for God. As an exercise in being vulnerable, I will share with you that even the thought of being accountable for writing a blog each week is making me question when I will find the time to do this. I stand firm in saying that you have time for what you make time for. I used to be a television addict. Better yet, I was often watching what my mother refers to as "junk" TV shows that really do not add anything to my life, but they entertain for a short time. I felt like I never had time for anything I wanted to do, not realizing how much time was being occupied by my television watching. I feel that today, many of us can relate to this. We start looking at Instagram and before we know it, twenty minutes have passed. We have time for what we make time for.

I hope that you will chose to make time for this blog each week. I promise to keep it reasonable. I am looking forward to having another way to engage with you all and have these sorts of conversations.

At our youth group last Friday, the youth chose a passage that they wanted to live by for this school year. They decided on a passage from Paul's letter to the Galatians and wrote this on the chalk wall and decorated it. On the chalk wall, it states: Serve one another in love.

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Galatians 5:13-15

Comments