Skip to main content

25 Songs in 25 Days: Day Three

A Song That Calms You Down


A song that has always calmed me down is "Cold As You" by Taylor Swift. This song is from her first album, titled after herself which was released in 2006. You can follow this link: https://open.spotify.com/album/7mzrIsaAjnXihW3InKjlC3 to listen to the song. The song is the emotional story of the downfall of a loveless relationship.

You may be asking yourself why that would be a song that calms me down. The piano has a lot to do with it. But the honesty of the song hits my heart in a way that makes me feel calm. It's a song that I have listened to so many times and I know all of the words. I often find myself singing it when I am sad and now I barely listen to the actual song because I prefer to sing it myself.

I am curious to know: what your songs are that make you feel calm and close to God and your thoughts?

Comments