Skip to main content

25 songs in 25 days: Day Two

A Song That Reminds You of Your Parents



The song that reminds me of my parents is "Mine Would Be You" by Blake Shelton. My parents have been a true model for me my entire life of what true love looks like. It isn't always pretty and it's not like a Disney movie. There are ups and downs of course, but unconditional love always pulls through if you work for it. The song displays this perfectly, in my opinion. As for the good, Blake sings:

What's your double dare, your go all in?
The craziest thing you ever did?
Plain as your name in this tattoo
Look on my arm, mine would be you
Mine would be you
Sun keeps shining, back road flying
Singing like crazy fools
Making up our own words
Laughing 'til it hurts
Baby, if I had to choose
My best day ever
My finest hour, my wildest dream come true
Mine would be you

But as in all relationships, being vulnerable enough to love someone else means that there will be pain there. The song continues and Blake shares:

What's the greatest chapter in your book?
Are there pages where it hurts to look?
What's the one regret you can't work through?
You got it baby, mine would be you
Yeah you got it baby, mine would be you
Mine would be you
Taillights fading
Daylight breaking
Standing there like a fool
When I should've been running
Yellin' out something
To make you wanna hold onto
The best love ever
Girl, can you tell me
The one thing you'd rather die than lose?
'Cause mine would be you
Mine would be you

Sometimes when we talk about the Bible, we talk about the really good stuff that happened; the times when God swooped in and saved the day. But when we really read scripture, we find a lot of stories of pain and suffering, which show us some of the darkest things that can happen to a human being. But the light at the end of the tunnel is that God is there in those times as well. Our relationship with God can be rocky sometimes. Especially during a season like Easter, it gives rise to questions about the depth of our faith and the consistency of our following of Jesus. If we have unconditional love, which God has for us, then we can get through anything. Never be fearful of renewing your faith in God because God always welcomes us back with open arms.

Comments